Pet Care Tips
- Before using flea and tick treatments, ask your vet about the brand that he or she recommends. Treatments purchased over the counter can be less effective or may be poisonous even when used as directed.
- It is always best to keep a collar and identification tag on your pet. Both items are inexpensive and help to ensure that your pet is returned to you in the event that they are lost.
- Make sure to provide your pet with plenty of water during the summer months to avoid their suffering from heat exhaustion or stroke.
- Heartworm is a disease that can be deadly, so discuss with your pet’s vet if they should be taking medication to prevent it. We offer several options in helping prevent heartworms.
- Discuss with your vet the benefits of spaying or neutering.